May 10, 2021
Registration for the 2021-2022 Season STILL OPEN!
We are still accepting members - join us! A warm welcome to those who have already joined the UBCSC. We are excited for the upcoming season bringing with it the opportunity to meet fellow water-sport enthusiasts, develop new skills, and stay healthy during the pandemic. Whether you are a beginner or expert, student or general public, enjoy calm paddles or have a need for speed, you can find it at the UBCSC for the most affordable price in Vancouver. Check out our lessons! Note: due to high demand, payment is required 15 mins after you register for a lesson before it is offered to the next member on the waitlist so be sure to secure your spot.
Extra Beginner Lessons Available Now
Due to popular demand, extra beginner sailing, windsurfing, and kayaking lessons have been added for the upcoming month and are now open for registration. These include a daytime beginner sailing lesson starting May 17-20, beginner windsurfing course scheduled for Jun 10-13, and a daytime beginner kayak class on May 16. Become certified in time for warm, windy, summer days.
Work Hour Opportunities
Remember that refundable work deposit you paid for during registration? You can get it back by:
Make sure to submit your hours here. The UBCSC is non-profit and member-run, meaning we need your help to maintain and repair fleets to keep our equipment in prime condition so it can continue to keep us floating, foiling, and flying!
- completing duties listed here
- completing repairs/work you've independently identified was necessary
- referring a friend - 1 work hr per friend who becomes a member!
- If you are an experienced Hobie sailor who has been with the UBCSC for a few years, you can earn a work hour by creating a checklist of what needs to be taught in our mentorship program to become C1 certified.
- Fostering the aquatic community by volunteering with clubs based out of the Jericho Sailing Centre such as the Disabled Sailing Association or the Royal Canadian Sea Cadets.
Find it on the Forum
The forum is a website tool for members to discuss all things UBC Sailing Club. If you have questions post them here or answer to help out fellow members. Find sailing partners, work hours, and FAQs on the forum.
Monthly Safety Reminder
Prolonging the life of our equipment is essential to minimizing expenditure and consequent fees. If you have questions or need to brush up on proper care, visit the forum and keep an eye out for posters around the club.
UBC Sailing Club