The UBC Sailing Club offers everyone affordable access to sailboats, kayaks, windsurfs, and stand-up paddleboards, and has been delivering sailing instruction and fun on the water for over 60 years (see our History).
We are the largest club at Jericho Sailing Centre and the largest not-for-profit sailing club in Canada.
As a member, you enjoy:
- Unlimited access to a large and varied fleet of water crafts, from stand-up paddleboards to high-performance skiffs and catamarans
- Extensive and affordable lessons program
- Fun and friendly community like no other!
Providing students and Jericho community members affordable access to sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and paddle boarding in a supportive community.
To be Vancouverites' first choice of Club for recreational water-sports, enrich members' lives by teaching them new skills and foster a strong community of water-sport enthusiasts.
- Community - Ensuring members feel welcomed, supported and cared for
- Safety - Prioritizing safety and member well being at all times
- Learning - Creating an environment that maximizes the potential of learning new skills
- Fun - Making sure members are enjoying their time both on and off the water
- Volunteering - Creating a community that members want to give back to
- Inclusivity - Being inclusive and respectful to everyone regardless of gender, race, age, nationality or sexuality