The UBC Sailing Club specializes in getting its members full access to many watersports, including sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding all throughout the summer (and winter if you so dare!). All this for an affordable rate makes UBC Sailing the largest club at Jericho Sailing Center! Go here for information on registering! After registering, check out our information for newcomers.
We have been offering students and community members affordable access to sailboats and sailing instruction for over 50 years and are the largest not-for-profit sailing club in Canada.
As a member, you enjoy unlimited access to sailboats, catamarans, kayaks, and windsurfers; Extensive and affordable lessons program; Fun and friendly environment like no other!
Notice of Annual General Meeting – October 4th, 2017
When: Wednesday October 4th
Location: Jericho Sailing Centre in the Northwest Meeting Room
All members are invited, and those who attend will receive a credit of 1 work hour towards their work deposit, as well as free pizza!
The agenda for the AGM is as follows:
- Season Recap – each section of the club will present on their activities from this season
- Open floor (for questions etc…)
- Election of 2018 Executive and Steering Committees (i.e. the “Exec”)
Minutes and the slide show presentation from the AGM will be available within 14 days from the AGM, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The sailing club needs you! The exec is a close-knit group of volunteers who run every aspect of the club. Execs get a free membership as well as free lessons. If you are interested in joining the exec, please email email@example.com
We are currently looking for candidates to fill the following positions for the 2017/18 year:
- Recruitment Coordinator – ideally a UBC student, responsible for recruitment and try sailing events
- Monohull Fleet Captain – responsible for the maintenance and organization of the monohull fleet
- Vanguard Bosun – responsible for the the maintenance and organization of the Vanguard fleet, and assists the Monohull Fleet Captain in their duties
- F18 Bosun – responsible for the maintenance and organization of the F18 fleet
- Hobie Bosun – responsible for the maintenance and organization of the Hobie fleet
- Windsurfing Fleet Captain – responsible for the maintenance and organization of the windsurfing fleet
- Windsurfing Bosun – assists the Windsurfing Fleet Captain in their duties
You are also welcome to run as a candidate for the following positions, which currently have at least one other interested candidate. If a position has more than one candidate, there will be a vote by secret ballot at the AGM.
- Safety Officer
- Lessons Coordinator
- FJ Bosun
- Laser Bosun
- High Performance Fleet Captain
- Skiff Bosun
- Kayaking Fleet Captain
- Kayaking First Officer
- Sailing Team President (Must be the current president of the UBC Thunderbirds Sports Club Sailing Team)
- Sailing Team Representative (Must be a current member of the UBC Thunderbirds Sports Club Sailing Team)
- Social Coordinator
- Social Assistant (3 positions available, all 3 have interested candidates)
- Merchandise Coordinator
- Facilities Coordinator
- JSCA Representative
- IT (Key Cards)
- IT (Website)
- IT (Registration)
Nominations for the exec close on October 1st, 11:59PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a position by that date.
We hope you’ve enjoyed the 2017 season and we look forward to seeing you at the AGM!