The moment you’ve all been waiting for is finally here: UBC Sailing Club registration is open for the 2020 season!
Only returning members can register at this time due to COVID restrictions. We will not be holding in-person registration events — only online registration is available.
- If you have 8+ work hours from last year, stop at the checkout page and contact us before paying. We will credit you the work deposit.
- If you are a student who registered in fall 2019, login to reactivate your account for 2020, then stop at the checkout page and contact us.
We are doing our best to get you on the water while ensuring the safety of our members. Here are some ways this season will be different:
- Facilities. Jericho Sailing Centre has opened in a limited capacity and UBC Sailing Club has enacted COVID-19 Guidelines to safely use the facilities and fleets.
- Safety. Jericho Rescue will be operating with significantly reduced capacity. Remember it’s your responsibility to check your craft and weather conditions before leaving the beach.
- Lessons. No lessons are being offered right now. After you register and pay, you will be able to use the fleets that you are qualified on. We are developing new lessons options that work within physical distancing guidelines. Stay tuned!
- Membership. Currently, only returning members can register. When we can relax some restrictions and start offering lessons, we will open up registration for new members.
- Fleets. Since we have a limited number of single-handed craft and a lot of pent-up demand, we ask that you limit your time on the water to let the next member get their fix. Please respect the durations in the new online logbook system. We’re all in this together!
This season we find ourselves in a situation that is unprecedented in the 60 years of the Club. As the season progresses, we may relax restrictions upon guidance from public health officers and Jericho. Keep checking the Club’s COVID-19 Guidelines for updates. We are committed to expanding the ways you can get on the water as the situation evolves.
We look forward to seeing familiar faces around the boats and saying hello from a 2 meter distance!
Your Steering Committee