Coronavirus Update #2 – March 19, 2020

Hello everyone,

The situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve rapidly. As we recently learned, the Jericho Sailing Centre will be closed until further notice to help reduce the risk of the virus spreading. 

Therefore we have decided to:

  • ground the fleet until further notice for safety reasons, as Jericho Rescue won’t be available during the Centre’s closure (even for experienced members, hardware failure, cold water, etc. pose a risk without Jericho Rescue);
  • cancel the work party scheduled for March 21st; and
  • delay registration for returning members and new members until we have more clarity on this season’s timeline.

We know you are itching to get on the water in this nice weather but we must be prudent during this unusual situation. We will continue to keep you informed as the situation evolves and we are looking forward to kicking off the new season with you all very soon.

On a brighter note, on April 15th at 6 pm, we will hold an online meeting to provide a brief update on the Club’s upcoming season and discuss fleet renewal for the future. We look forward to hearing your ideas on what our dream fleet could look like. We’ll share more details on how to join the meeting as we draw closer to the date.

Please reach out to hello@ubcsailing.org if you have any questions. 

Thank you,

The Steering Committee