Annual General Meeting
Please join us for the UBC Sailing Club’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)!
This year’s AGM will be held on Thursday, October 4th at 7:00 PM at the Jericho Sailing Centre (1300 Discovery Street, Vancouver). During the AGM, we will:
- Review the events from the past year
- Present the accomplishments from the 2018 year
- Present major goals and direction for the future of the club
- Vote to elect members for our Executive/Steering Committee for the 2018-19 season
We highly encourage you to attend the AGM to learn more about the operations of our club. We also hope that you will run for one or more of our elected positions on our Executive/Steering Committee.
Free Pizza provided and attendee will receive 1 work hour.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about the the AGM.
A detailed agenda will be sent out closer to the AGM.
Date: Thursday, October 4th, 2018
Time: 7:00 PM
Where: Jericho Sailing Centre NE/NW Room
Exec Positions Available
The sailing club needs you! The club is run by the “exec”, a dedicated group of volunteers. They form a Executive/Steering committee and help run every aspect of the club, from lessons to boat repairs, to website design, key card system, social events, the sailing team, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking and budget management.
We are looking for candidates for several positions on the exec for 2018/19.
- Unless otherwise indicated, positions are open to student and general (non-student) members.
- Members may hold multiple positions.
- If you would like to apply for a position, please email the Commodore at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position(s) you are interested in.
- All nominations should be sent to Commodore no later than 24 hours before the election via email.
- Elections for all exec positions will be held at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday October 4th, 7:00 pm in the NE/NW Rooms at Jericho Sailing Centre.
You can find the Exec positions and current candidate here: