To comply with current Provincial Health Orders:
Single Handed Lessons
Lessons that take place in single-handed crafts, namely all non-sailing (kayak, SUP, windsurfing) as well as Intermediate Sailing lessons, will proceed as usual but with limited class sizes as displayed in each lesson.
Double handed lessons
Lessons that take place on double handed boats, namely all sailing lessons except Intermediate, will temporarily be subject to the following change:
Lesson signup will occur in pairs. This means:
- Only one person will do the online lesson signup paying for both people participating in the lesson. It is up to the pair to divide up the cost between themselves.
- It is the pair's responsibility to ensure they are permitted to be in close proximity without a mask in the boat per current Provincial Health Orders.
- The person doing the signup will provide the name of the other person that they are signing up as part of the signup process. Both people need to be members in good standing of the Club to be eligible to participate in the lesson, you may not bring a non-member as your pair.
- The number of spots that you see for these lessons are number of pairs allowed. E.g. if you see '3 spots available', this means 3 pairs can signup of that class; namely, 6 spots total are available.
- You will sail with this partner for the duration of the class. If one of you is unable to attend a session then both of you will be unable to participate in that day of the lesson, which may result in failing the lesson as per our usual attendance policy.
Please note these restrictions are subject to modification and the time period in which they are enforced may be extended past this time period. If they are extended past this period and the PHO guidelines do not allow for you to proceed with the lesson you signed up for, we will work with you to reschedule it.As provincial restrictions relax and we observe how effective lessons are with smaller groups, we will adjust as permitted:
- individual registration for beginner sailing lessons - at the moment, we only permit that for lessons starting in July or later, as this is the provincial estimate for everyone to have received their first CoViD-19 vaccine injection and Health Orders becoming less restrictive
- class size limit increase
Should you have any questions not answered above or in our general Covid-19 guidelines, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.